Wine Freedom for Massachusetts
(House Bill 3891)
If H3891 becomes law Bay Staters will finally have access to all the wines in the American wine marketplace. Massachusetts law currently bans residents from receiving wine shipments from out-of-state wine stores and retailers. Inexplicably, it also bans it's own wine stores from shipping wine out-of-state. H3891 would solve both those problems. If passed, Massachusetts residents would finally be allowed to purchase and have shipped to them wine from out-of-state wine stores, Internet retailers, wine auction houses and wine-of-the-month clubs. Additionally, the state would receive significant tax revenue on shipments from these wine vendors.
Status of Bill
H3891 had a hearing in the Joint Committee on Consumer Protection and Professional Licensure on September 12, 2017. Committee members must vote the be favorably out of the committee or reject the bill by February 7, 2018
Consumer Action Needed Now
Massachusetts wine lovers need to contact their members of the Joint Committee on Consumer Protection and Professional Licensure now and urge them to support this legislation.
Click the link below and take a mere 30 seconds to get a message directly to members of the Committee and ask them to support the bill in committee.
• H3891 will give Massachusetts consumers access to 1000's of wines not currently available in the state
• Without access to wines from out-of-state retailers as provided in this bill, Massachusetts consumers have access to only a very small percentage of the imported wines available in the United States
• H3891 will provide the state will upwards of $2 million in additional tax revenue remitted by out-of-state retailers
• H3891 allows shipments from out-of-state retailers under identical conditions that out-of-state wineries currently ship wine.
• H3891 will finally give Massachusetts wine stores the ability to compete in the national wine retail market and expand their sales.
Time For MA to Embrace the 21st Century and Approve Wine Retailer Shipments CLICK TO READ